Sunday 18 January 2009

Womens Winter Coats


This coat is beautifully made and looks very stylish. However it runs small.

I ordered this coat in 2 sizes medium and large. I never even tried the medium on because the large was too small. I couldn't even get it on while wearing sweater and it barley fit with a thin shirt on. I was heart broken. It was just the winter coat I was looking for. I am not a large woman but have had problems getting coats and jackets to fit in the past. For those of you who may be considering this coat knowing my measurements my help you decide what size to order. I am 5'8", 138 lbs, I have long arms (or as I like to say the wing span of condor) and broad shoulders. I have ordered it in the extra large. Hopefully the extra large will be fine. However, I bet it will be roomy in the waist and hips but I can live that. Jessie G. Women's Down Parka Coat with Raccoon Fur Trim - Chocolate XS

I was unsure of ordering a coat from a manufacturer I was unfamiliar with, but I must say, it is the best coat I have ever purchased. I searched for three months, and finally decided on purchasing this coat. I am more than satisfied with it. The material is is well made and high quality. The coat is very warm (I live in Alaska, and I am wearing it in temperatures well below zero.) The fit is great, nice contours and seams. The zippers, pockets, buttons and fur trim are all of great quality. The fur trim is beautiful!!!! I can not go anywhere without being stopped and told how gorgeous my coat is!!!

The material is water repellent. As far as fit goes, it was a bit large on me from waist down, I thought it bowed out too much...I normally wear xs petites I am 5'4" and weigh 110, small frame but curvy build. I ordered the small and took it into a seamstress just to take the sides in a bit. Well worth it!! The seamstress commented is was one of the best quality coats she has seen and could not believe I paid $129 for it. The down material is not loose inside the coat seams, it is packed tight into an interior cloth inside the interior of the coat seams, so no goose feather will ever leak/poke out of the material and it protects them from getting water. My seamstress said this was unusual high quality! I highly recommend this coat for staying warm even in extreme temperatures and all while looking sleek and sexy!

It is not as glossy and shiny as the pictures show, which is nice...it is more of a matte finish, and the material is NOT PUFFY, it is sleek and form fitting....you will stay warm while not having to look like a balloon.

I finally broke down and bought a warm jacket. Honestly, for a warm parka, this coat is really as slim line as it gets. I ordered it in a small and it does run a little on the smaller side. It did fit but barely.(I'm 5'7" 126) I won't be layering much, not that I need to. This is by far the warmest jacket I have ever owned. I normally go for just style and forget about practicality. I am out with my dogs an awful lot in the cold MI winters and this jacket is so cute and warm even my picky teen asked if I could order her one. Seriously, do not pass this one up. You can look like you have a figure and be warm. Thanks as usual amazon! I just might make it through the winter now.

I read through most of the reviews to see if it could help me determine the correct size to order. As many said it ran small, I thought perhaps it ran true to "juniors" sizes rather than "womans" sizes. This left me thinking I better order a large. Then I final read a review and based off the woman's dimensions I ordered a medium. THANK GOODNESS. I am 5'2, 125 lbs and ordered a Medium (my true size) and this coat fits perfectly. It is puffy without making me feel like a marshmallow and the coat hits above my knees and with the zip-feature at the bottom very cute. I have no complaints with the trim either--it's plenty "full". I haven't ventured out in the cold yet, but think I will be pleased. Hope this review helps you with picking your "true" size.

I love this coat. It is lightweight but very warm. I did size up because of another customer claiming the coat ran small. I ordered X-large and I have a small frame; 5"2 and 145lbs. The coat fits perfect. It also has a hidden inside pocket that is great for a cell phone. This coat is a awesome deal!

This coat is the perfect length for anyone between 5"2" and 5"7"

I have 2 daughters, each of them those heights and it looked great on both of them. The shorter one was the lucky recipient. Finish of the coat is shiny and soft,the cut is extremely flattering and slimming from the front and the back and the fur is pretty and in generous amount. You won't be disappointed. I am very picky about clothing and any down coat won't do..don't you just hate those boxy cuts?? More to the point, my daughters loved it and the "tall one" wears a Marc Jacob with mink trim..great looking coat and she fell in love with the Jessie G.

This coat is not beautiful at all. My first impression, when I opened the box, it looked so cheap. Inner and outer materials are cheap quality too and it can't be warm enough for Colorado winter. I am 5'8", 172 lbs and after reading other reviews, I ordered X-large which is a size up. But it was too big. I don't agree with other reviews that these coats run small. I returned it for full refund, but I lost money on two-way shipping. It was waist of time and money.

the coat does run a little small. I am 125lbs and the midium size is a little tight if I want to wear a sweater underneath the coat. but it does contour the body very well. It is a beautiful and warm coat.

I had been searching for a really warm coat to wear on my trip out west when I found this one. It's exactly the color I wanted



with REAL fur on the hood so it won't get all mangy looking after awhile. I read the reviews that warned it runs small so I



ordered a large. I am 5' 4" and a little chunky at 155LBS and it fits perfectly.



I especially like how the cut of the coat is more form flattering than the other boxy down coats I have seen.



I wore it on a 25 degree evening sleigh ride through Sun Valley Idaho and did not add any extra layers under it and was



toasty and warm!



I also liked the hood because it is just the right size, sometimes hoods can be too big and come down over your face when



you put it up. I was also amazed at how quickly it arrived.



I ordered it on a Friday evening and it was here by Tuesday of a Holiday weekend! Great Coat!'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Womens Winter Coats Womens Winter Coats Womens Winter Coats