Thursday 29 January 2009

Swimming Lap Counter - swimming, lap count


Update 1/2007. I have had two of these now and loved them but they have only lasted 3 weeks each and then died. The company Sportcount says they are coming out with a new model that fixes the problem (some gasket in the inner workings of it) and they will replace when they come in late Feb.

I love the product enough to wait for it, because when it works it works great.





I was hesitant, having tried watches that had lap counters and hearing from others about other lap counters, but I am very impressed on how well this works.

Easy to swim with and very easy to use.

I love the review feature it tells what your fastest and slowest lap are and then you can review each lap.

Just push the larger button with your thumb as you turn and you feel it click.

Now I don't have to try to think about how many laps I swam.



The only problem I had was the first one died after 3 weeks but I got fairly quick replacement from the company. 90010 Combination SportCount

I love this little device. I wear it when I am running and it serves as both a timer and a lap counter. I used to lose track as to which lap I was on, which can be very frustrating. Also, you can't quite tell from the picture, but this is a small device that is worn on your index finger - then you just tap the button with your thumb as you complete a lap. Other neat features is that it gives you your total time / number of laps as well as your fastest lap, slowest lap, and average lap time. It does all these things with just one simple button. I wouldn't run without it!

The picture makes the SportCount look like a stopwatch and, therefore, gives the impression that it's about that size. So, I was quite dissappointed when it arrived and was the size of a *small* digital watch. It comes with an attached band that is just big enough to fit around your finger. My dissapointment turned to delight, though, when I realized I didn't have to stop with each lap of the pool to press the button. Because it's on my finger, I just press the button with my thumb and observe my lap count and lap time as I start the next lap. This allows me to adjust my effort to maintain the level of output desired.

This is the 3rd level of 4 for this product. It counts laps, total time, lap time, as well as fastest lap, slowest lap, and average lap. The 4th of 4 variations of this product only adds the ability to look at your split times for each lap. I recommend at leat this version because it allows you to look at your lap times as you are swimming, so if you think you accidently forgot to press the button at one turn, then you can look at your lap time at the next turn and if the time is twice your normal lap time you can just press the button again to make the lap count right.



The button is easy to push and you can really see it underwater (I were my contacts when I swim). Simply press the single button as you do a flip turn and it does the rest. I've been swimming for over 35 years and would say this is the best electronic device for swimming that I've seen yet. The counters you stick on the wall under water may work well for people that don't do flip turns. But if you do a lot of laps and flip turns, then this counter is pretty good. I'd recommend trying it out for the reasonable price.



J Sutton

Tampa, FL

I've been using this SportCount for the last month during my swim workouts, and I've been extremely happy with it. Worn on my left index finger, it's easy to hit as I make my flip turns and pretty hard to press on accident.



Whereas I once did my best to keep count of my laps, inevitably adding or subtracting a 100 yards, now I can keep track not only of the number of laps I'm swimming but also my pace. It has been an excellent companion.



My only complaint is that on a few occasions I have accidentally tapped the button twice during a turn. I wish it had some kind of delay that would allow it to ignore redundant taps (even if they were just defined as taps within the same 2 second period).



Sure it would be great if this thing could tell me my heart rate, but if it did, I probably wouldn't have been able to afford it. A great value, I highly recommend it!

If you are swimming more than a few laps, then keeping up with lengths/laps becomes a problem. A 50 meter pool takes 66 lengths to swim a mile. This fits snugly on your index finger and tracks laps, average times, and total time of the swim. You hardly notice it is on when you are swimming.

The single button operation is easy to figure out. I've owned 3 of these, 2 different types, and the battery life is good. I've lost one, but that's my fault; I would do even worse with a poolside mounted one. The only thing I would like is to be able to track rest intervals somehow, but I can't think of an easy way to do that other than using the more advanced version that gives you all of your split times. It is great for longer swims where you do one long set. - Lap Counters - Lap Count - Swimming - Swimming Lap Counter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Swimming Lap Counter - swimming, lap count swimming lap counter Swimming Lap Counter - swimming, lap count