Saturday 10 January 2009

Dw735


I experienced a broken gear on my Dewalt planer. Since my planer was out of warranty, I went through the hassle of replacing it myself.Immediately after doing that, I put a set of these blades on.What a difference! I had not realized that my old blades had become dull. They were still doing a great job, but what I didn't realize is that the planer was pulling too hard now. It was working too hard to plane the wood with dull blades.Once I changed the blades, the planer had a completely different sound. Sometimes, the motor speed doesn't even change when the blades hit the wood... that's how much difference the blades made.And don't worry... the blade height measuring jig that came as part of your DeWalt planer makes the entire process easy as can be.Don't wait too long, or you may be replacing gears too! DEWALT DW7332 High-Speed Steel Knives

Purchased this planer a little over 1 year ago, like all of my DeWalt power tools an exellent tool at a reasonable price. (I sound like salesman) I've run about 450bf of 4/4 rough planed red oak through it, but I must admit it's about time for the knives to be sharpend, to no surprise. I work it like you would a much larger non-portable planer and it holds up to the test. The single most thing that impressed me is that straight from the box the factory set-up was perfectly within specs and has stayed that way to this day. It's paid for itself many times over, and if I ever had to purchase another planer, DeWalt would be the first I would consider. Yellow and black are becoming the dominant colors in my shop.

They are genuine blades so you know they fit and work well (although the same can't be said for "disposable" blades in the new 734). No surprise there.



These blades usually sit around $45-48 on Amazon. I kept them in my wishlist and when I noticed they dropped to $38 I bought them. After I made my purchase they immediately jumped back up to $48. The same product, both prices from Amazon directly. If you aren't in a hurry, you might try waiting around for a price drop and save a few dollars.

If you wanna cut something, this is kinda kool!Expensive a bit, but just a little bit (like mine after it touched the blade)I should have sharpened them myself with a big mac since the meat is so tough so it can sharpen the blade.Hasta la vista!Buanaserrata, bonsoirHave a good night!'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Dw735 Dw735 Dw735