Thursday 2 October 2008

Stretching Exercise - fitness, body ball


This was big enough to use as a chair, but I went back to the standard office chair after the novelty wore off. I use this mostly to just bend backwards and chill out. The pump that came with it was easy to use, but I think I read others had problems. Not sure why. It's a good size (I'm 5' 8") and I wouldn't want a smaller one. How much can you say about a ball? It deflates for storage. Can be rolled out of way for those that don't want to lift it. If you drop it, it won't break. Oh well, don't take my word for it. Read yet another review about a ball to be sure. Valeo Body Ball (75 cm)

The 75cm Valeo Body Ball ("burst resistant" per the box) performed faithfully for seven months until it ruptured yesterday. I am 6'4", 200# and was prone using two 10# dumbbells when it burst beneath me and dropped me face first on the smooth concrete floor. The tear was nearly fully circumferential around the middle of the ball. Fortunately, I only had a couple of small abrasions. The ball had no previous damage, leak or or other warning sign of weakness or impending failure. It was replaced with a more expensive, stronger ball that is now used with a thick foam exercise mat underneath.

Like C. Richards, below, my ball burst after less than a year of light use. I wasn't seriously hurt, but it was a fairly ridiculous spectacle. There's no reason the material should fail so quickly if it's not being misused and abused.

I am 6'2 and use this for problems with my back. Had no problems with the ball. You don't have to blow it up all the way and can adjust it to your required size. The pump works just fine. Better than having to go to a store and buy one seperately.

I ordered a 75cm ball but the arrived ball is at most 65cm.

I am too lazy complainning or returning so I have to live with it. I am only 5'4'' so it is fine for me but my hubby is 6' and he could use a real 75cm ball. Otherwise the product is fine. We all love to sit on it watching TV ! We also do free weights on it and other routines.

I paid about $12 for this ball and it was a great bargin for the price. I have seen similarly priced balls sell at about $20. Included in the packaging is a foot pump which is very handy (this was not listed in the description when I bought the ball). The only reason that I am giving this product a four star rating is because it has a tendency to deflate more quickly than other excercise balls I have used in the past.

My main purpose is to use this to stretch out my abs before my intense ab workouts. I just lay on top of the ball facing up until I am like a "bridge". I did not measure this ball so I am not sure if it is 75mm or 65mm but it is the RED ball that I ordered. This "75mm" ball does seem smaller than the 75mm ones at the gym. This red ball could well be 65mm as others have stated here on Amazon.



The ball stinks bad when you first take it out of the box to blow it up but after a while it airs out and you will be fine. - Stability Ball - Body Ball - Exercise - Fitness'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Stretching Exercise - fitness, body ball stability ball Stretching Exercise - fitness, body ball