Thursday 30 October 2008

Omron  pocket Pedometer - walking, fitness


I actually purchased two of these, each at different times. The idea was that my wife would share one. I ASSUMED that you could do this since the software has options for tracking multiple users. Well, this wasn't the case. The pedometer will only track one given days worth of data. It will not segregate each user nor is there any option to do so. I start this review off this way because I think there a lot of people out there that partner up when trying diet or exercise program as was my case. But, I ended up purchasing an additional one to be able to measure the both of us separately. I couldn't find a PC ready model separate from the software so now I own to CD's of software.

Now for the good stuff. The pedometer is pretty great all in all. The two major reasons that I purchased this for two reasons. One, it has software that helps you track your walking history. Second, it can be placed almost anywhere and doesn't have to be placed on your hip area. You put it in your shirt pocket even! You can look at the specs to see all that it measures and all I can say is that it is all useful info. Whether its time blocks or distance to cal burned it's all good stuff. And, the neat software keeps track of everything and can present it to you in a number of different scales such as by day, week, month and year. You can also print out any of the before mentioned to give to whoever wants to read it like your doctor. And, if you track your blood pressure, you can purchase an Omron BP electronic cuff that you can hook up to your computer and download that info into the same interface that you use with the pedometer. Then you use a side by side comparison to see the effects etc.

All in all I am very happy with the purchase and plan on adding the blood pressure cuff to the mix. I will say this. Shop before you buy. When I purchased my second pedometer, I found that there were a few of the same pedometer with pretty wide price spreads so check that it is the right model number and what the actual shipping charge is. Omron HJ-720ITC Omron Pedometer With Software

love it, love it, love it! this is asesome and the price is great. i love that i can download to my pc. it is comfortable and easy to read and use. great quality and omron is rated best with consumer reports.

This is my third pedometer (actually the second one of this model). After reading this article:[....], I wanted to keep track of my steps, and lose a few pounds in the process. I gave my old pedometer away, and bought one I could use to upload and graph data. Since I already owned the Omron BP monitor that interfaces with the same product, I was thrilled that I could track my blood pressure alongside my steps. This pedometer is so incredibly accurate compared to the old one. It maps calories burned and aerobic steps as well. The software lets you set goals and graphs show you how well you did meeting your goals.



Unfortunately, like other reviewers have mentioned, it does fall off, and absolutely needs to be used with the safety clip. When I lost my first one, I couldn't find another that I would prefer after talking to fellow techie fitness geeks. Several of my friends also have one and we "compete." So now my daily step count continually rises in my competition. I find myself parking very far away from grocery stores so I can accumulate more steps.



The main reason I wanted to write this review was because I accidentally ran it through a "super wash" cycle in my washing machine yesterday. Although it didn't appear damaged, it stopped counting steps midway through the day today. I unscrewed the front, dried it with a Q-tip and it works perfectly again!! Amazing!

I've been using this pedometer for about a month now. It's OK, but a little big to carry around in your pocket all the time (I don't use the belt clip). The software that comes with it is intuitive and easy to use. I've noticed though that the pedometer itself is not all that accurate in counting steps. Over some short distances, I've manually counted my steps and then compared and have noticed differences in step count of up to 20%. So, if you are looking for complete accuracy, this probably is not the right device. Overall, it's a good buy and gives a decent idea of distance walked. Just don't rely on it too much.

I've had at least 4 pedometers & trashed them all. This one is by far the best. It was recommended to me by a colleague - not this specific one, they got the one without the data upload. But this one is more accurate, its sturdier & nicer to look at than the others. You can wear this one on your hip, on the front pocket of your pants, you can hook it on your bra strap, its just THE BEST pedometer I've ever had. I did manage to break the teather: the clip is plastic & somehow I managed to break it. But I just bought another one but with a metal clamp, like the kind we used to have on our suspenders. Anyways, this one costs a bit more, but like anything, you get what you pay for.

I purchsed two of the Omron pedometers for christmas gifts. One for myself and one for my wife. I have to say that they are easy to use and are very accurate. The fact that it is also a pc product makes the motivation factor increase as you can see your progress right on your computer. I would say it's a great product for any one you is trying to walk more and need help.

John F

I love how this pedometer doesn't accidently reset when you bump up against something. I also like being able to see aerobic and total steps. Software is also great. I like being able to see my progress over time.

I work in the operating room. It helps me keep track of my steps in a day when I am very busy and can't find the time to work out. It is very accurate, easy to read, and compactible. An employee introduced me to it and it is worth every dime I spent on it. I will recommend it to everyone. - Omron  pocket Pedometer - Walking - Fitness - Omron'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Omron  pocket Pedometer - walking, fitness omron  pocket pedometer Omron  pocket Pedometer - walking, fitness