Sunday 19 October 2008

Lithium


I bought one from lowes for 89.00,drill is balanced just as well as all of the bosch's and milwaukee's small drills.also has a belt clip and magnetic bit holder, 2 batteries,tool bag,fast charger and led lite on drill. power is about the same as my milwaukee 12v. chuck hold's bits very well. glad i bought it. warranty same as bosch!!!!!!!. I do home repair & remodeling. PORTER-CABLE PCL120DDC-2 12-Volt Max Compact Lithium-Ion 3/8-Inch Drill/Driver

Wow was I ever surprised! Well balanced, light weight and extremely powerful. The impact driver is very impressive. My first job was assembling a woodworkers workbench. That little driver had no problem at all driving 4 inch screws into birch. Amazing set and now one of my favorite shop tools! I highly recommend this tool for the professional as well as a do-it-yourselfer!

I wore out my Ryobi 4V driver during a deck rebuilding project this spring; bought a replacement, which lasted a week before dying under very light use. An 18V NiCad 3/8" drill from Harbor Freight was a great disappointment -- bigger, heavier, clumsier, and less powerful than the Porter-Cable. If only Amazon had offered this on sale when I started the deck project 3 months ago.



The Porter-Cable drill/driver should be labeled as a "kit" as it comes with a sturdy and capacious black nylon case, 2 batteries (shipped with nearly full charge), and a charger that can be mounted on a wall. Several reviews have mentioned the handy belt clip, but I will call your attention to a small detail: as delivered, the clip is on the left, so that it can be carried on the right, but it can be moved to the right for the convenience of us southpaws. As a left-hander, this is a small, but greatly appreciated design feature.



This is, by far, the nicest drill/driver I have seen in the 12-volt Max class.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Lithium Lithium Lithium