Tuesday 21 October 2008

Dry Erase Calendar


I am an academic who scribbles frequently on the white board in my office. These magnificent markers allow me to get a whole lot more on my white board. Other "fine tipped" markers I have tried either were not very fine or if they were fine, the tips soon became soft and mushy which created broad lines. These markers are compact and the tips have held up well. The variety of colors is great also. I liked them so much I went ahead and bought the 30 count pack which is a pretty good deal. BIC Great Erase Low Odor Dry Erase Markers, Fine Point, Assorted, 4 Dry Erase Markers (GDEP41)

We do a lot of dry-erasing where I work and we struggled for a while with markers that would dry out easily. Whether it was a issue of people not replacing the caps or just faulty markers, I don't know. But I do know that these markers have held up to the test of being repeatedly used and occasionally being left uncapped. It's been well over a month and the 6 marker set that I took in is still going!

I bought this because it was cheap and because I'd like to have the finer tip. In short, it's good that it works but it just doesn't work as well. The lines aren't that saturated so dont expect to read this from afar. If you're ok with personal writing and being close to it at most times to read, then it's fine. Otherwise, don't use it if you're planning on using it as visual aid for others to read. Next time, I'll stick with the chisel tips from Expo.

These leave a nasty residue if the writing is left for more than a day or two and the quality of the writing is still pretty weak. I tried them on normal d/e boards, mirrors and windows and on each surface they were pretty transparent and hard to read.

I generally like Bic products, but this is one I won't buy again

These are terrific markers - no odor at all - and that's important to me. My grandson and I have been using them to draw on subway tiles. We spend hours sketching and giggling, doodling and erasing without any mess or chemical odor.

If you want to use these yourself, I wouldn't recommend them. I tried using them for my calendar and was not impressed. The red is not bright enough - doesn't even look red. None of these colors are very bold. Now I let my children use them for their wipe-off books, and that works great for all of us.

I mostly use these markers to solve math problems from complex analysis on a marker board. I use them to augment my bigger markers or when space gets tight. They seem to do the trick for the most part, although are not as bold as I would like. Good price here compared to department stores however.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Dry Erase Calendar Dry Erase Calendar Dry Erase Calendar