Friday 26 September 2008

Packaging - packaging, office supplies


I do a lot of eBay shipping, and have always used 3M tape to pack up my items. No complaints there. I'll be moving soon and have recently begun packing everything up. Well, I started to burn through that 3M tape pretty darn quick. Not wanting to use up all of my "premium" tape, just to move, I came on here looking for something just as good, but cheaper.



This product fit the bill (bill, like a Duck, get it?), nicely. It's a bit cheaper than the 3M stuff and seems to work just as well. It's quality feels about the same as the 3M stuff. I haven't had any problems with tape peeling off, but then again, I'm just moving then unpacking. I'm not storing the boxes, or anything like that, where how long the tape will retain its hold might come into play. So, I can't speak to that aspect. I know they sell tape specially designed for long-term storage, but I've never tried it.



This tape also lives up to its "crystal clear" specs. It's VERY clear, perfect for covering shipping labels, etc. Oh, and I'm using this tape in a 3M-branded dispenser. I prefer their dispensers over the Duck-branded ones. I find the tape slips out of the Duck-branded ones too often.



I'll definitely be ordering Duck-brand tape, in the future. It seems to be just as good as any other tape I've used, and will most certainly hold up for a trip through the mail. Duck Brand HD Packaging Tape, 1.88 inch x 54.6 Yard, Crystal Clear, 6 Rolls (CS-55-6pk)

I have been using the Scotch brand for years and based on other reviews decided to try the Duck brand.

There were a few issues with the tape with the first being it didnt stick to the cardboard boxes I was sealing. The tape kept coming off so I ended up having to tape the tape to get it to stick.In other words very frustrating.



The second problem was the tape would tear very easy down the middle. So when the tape was cut or being used to seal the box I would end up with two strips.



Overall I feel the quality of the tape including lack of thickness and lack of being able to stick to cardboard merits a two star rating.

Duck Brand HD Packaging Tape Packaging Tape, 1.88 inch x 54.7 Yard, Crystal Clear, 6 Rolls (CS-55-6pk)

This is the same quality as the more expensive 3M tape. The tape fits my dispenser perfectly. I will always look for this tape in the future. My order was shipped through Amazon by SHOPLET. Shoplet is a discount Office Supply. They were quick to ship and the product arrived sooner than expected. I am impressed by their responsiveness.

I use this tape to attach Paypal labels to plastic and paper envelopes, as well as package up cardboard boxes. It works well in both applications. I find it easier to use the tape without a tape applicator. I cut the tape with scissors, and store it with a small glossy paper tab under the end of the tape so it is easy to peel the end of the tape each time.



I noticed that the price on the on this product fluctuates. There is a nice online tool that I use to help catch a good price on Amazon, this tool is called "Online Price Alert". This tool will send you an email when the Amazon item price reaches the target price range that you specify. If you search on "online price alert" in Google it will be come up at the top. I find this tool to be very helpful.



This tape is a good bargain. I plan on using it again in the future.

I've tried a great many different packing tapes for my packages and by far, this is the best! The thickness of this tape is quite reassuring when applied to your package and because of this, I find I use less than I would normally. Highly recommended!

I've gone through many rolls of this and compared it to other packing tapes. This 2.6 mil thickness tape is good quality and at around $2.50 a roll (4.7 cents a yard), a good value.



Wal-Mart has it at a good price with dispenser included.





PROs:



~~> Good value

~~> Strong -- Refuses to tear

~~> Ultra clear





OK's



~~> Adhesive strength is OK





CONs:



~~> none - Packing Tape - Packaging - Duck - Office Supplies'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Packaging - packaging, office supplies duck Packaging - packaging, office supplies