Wednesday 10 September 2008

File Folders - ampad, colored


I loved the rich, dense, interesting colors these come in...exactly as pictured here. And they'll probably be quite adequate for one-time use or for files you stash away and rarely need to get into. But now that I've been using these for a few months, it's clear that they're all wrong for top-of-the-desk files one consults frequently, or files that go to meetings etc. They're just way too flimsy and prone to tearing and curling up at the corners to stand up to that kind of use. Nowhere near as sturdy as standard manila files. Ampad 100% Recycled Color File Folders, 1/3 Cut Tab, Letter Size (8.5 x 11), Assorted, 50 per Box (35115)

I really support purchasing 100% recycled items, even if it costs a little more. However, these are of rather poor quality. I will not buy them again. I'll switch to recycled boring manila folders, if I must, because these are not worth 8.00$. They are barely thicker than construction paper.

These are great, reasonably priced, Earth-friendly, and come in an assortment of beautiful jewel-toned colors. What's not to love?



Yeah, black marker doesn't show up well on them, but so what? Use a silver or gold marker... or use a label.

These folders DO NOT HAVE the rich color intensity as pictured. The 'evergreen' folders are 'teal' and the 'warm violet' folders are 'dark plum' and finally the 'imperial gold' had a variety of shades to them. These folders do not match the Hanging Folders which DO MATCH their picture - nice! Unless you don't need matching hanging folders or don't care about the off shades, go with a different more reliable color scheme. The folders themselves are as expected for Recycled --- fibery and more flexible than standard folders.

If you put your own labels on these so you can read them, and if you don't mind file folders that are very limp, then these are for you. My husband likes them for his business because he puts printed labels on them, and the thin quality takes up less space in his file cabinet. I need heavier folders to provide things to clients so it won't wilt in their hand. Recycled is always nice but doesn't have to be so thin.

I have almost always chosen the manila folders but really like the different colors for my current filing project. For my purpose, the quality of the folders is suitable and I ordered more than enough for other filing projects. Like almost all Amazon orders I receive, the boxes of file folders were packaged well and arrived earlier than expected.

I needed folders fast, and these where received within the same week I ordered them. No small feat for shipping to Alaska. The colors are very dark - you'll need to stick on white labels if you want to see what you're labeling them. The paper is speckly and recycled looking. Quite pleasant, and I'd certainly order again.

they came sooner and they are a great seclection of colors they are dark but they won't get lost in the drawer or pn the desk. I use a different color for each letter to be sure whoever ends up filling my clients can't misfile - File - Ampad - Office Supplies - Colored'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


File Folders - ampad, colored colored File Folders - ampad, colored