Friday 12 September 2008

Dress Socks - dress socks, socks


For decades I have been unable to find even a close substitute for the finest socks I have ever worn. Gold toe short, woolen "Canterbury Dress Socks" are not to be matched. I love the feel and comfort, durability, fit and looks of these fine mens socks and wear nothing but them other than tennis socks for sports. I have tried numerous other brands but only to find that I have been penny wise and pound foolish in the attempt. I am committed to Gold Toe Canterbury's for the rest of my life. Gold Toe Men's Canterbury Dress Sock, Black, 3-Pack Sock Size 10-13

These socks are great. I cannot find them in stores anymore. They are the right thickness for me. My feet sweat easily and if a sock is too thin, there isn't enough room for my feet to breathe inside my shoes and they sweat. Contrastingly, if a sock is too thick, they tend to be overly warm and uncomfortable as well. These socks strike the perfect balance between thickness and warmth.

I saw so many good reviews and I expected much more. I bought two packs and of the twelve socks, one had a hole in them when they were shipped. I didn't worry about it and just used the others. The socks have been through the wash approximately 5-7 times. Of the remaining eleven socks, I noticed that two of them had the elastic strings coming through and one has a hole.



I gave them two stars because they are not holding up, but, they are comfortable. A lot of my family members swear by gold toe socks, but, when I tried them, I expected them to last much longer than this.

I have been wearing gold toe socks for about 15 years now, but as other folks have pointed out, they don't seem to last long at all anymore. They don't seem to get holes, but the heal wears away pretty quickly (I just use them for work, no running or anything and nothing different from my older Gold Toes) I did notice that with this last set of socks I bought that they are no longer being make in the USA. I think they may have changed up the material being used at the same time.

These are not cheap socks, but who want to buy/wear cheap socks.



I have been wearing Gold Toe for over twenty years because they are comfortable and durable. Now I am buying them for my son when gift-giving time rolls around.

Gold Toe makes an excellent sock and their "Men's Canterbury Dress Sock" is no exception. The socks are remarkably comfortable. They are not thick; and although they are a bit thinner than other Gold Toe socks they will still withstand lots of wear. They almost never "bunch up" inside my shoes as I walk around and they are very much worth the price. They last longer so the long life of these socks justifies the slightly higher price.



I also like the design of the toe section actually being gold colored fabric. Amazon points out that these socks come in your choice of four different colors: black, navy blue, grey marl and brown. The safest, most conservative choice for the corporate office is the black color; but the other colors come in handy too depending on your work/play "dress code."



These socks can easily be washed in any washer or dryer--but I would heed the manufacturer's warning about not drying them at a high temperature. High temperatures in the clothes dryer cause the sock to wear out faster. The stretch nylon will stretch even more; and then these socks will become just too loose on your feet.



Please note that these are crew length socks. They will not come up your leg to the degree that some other socks will. You may consider them to be "too short." On the other hand, the socks also fit shoe sizes 7 through 12 so it's almost one size fits all.



Overall, Gold Toe is the brand to buy if you want good quality, long lasting socks. The "Canterbury Dress Socks" for men match any attire and they can even be worn in bed on those really cold nights to keep your feet warm!



Highly recommended! May you wear them in good health! SMILE

Great pair of socks. Good thick material and fits well. I like how the sock is big and comes half way up the shin. The only thing is that the ankle part in mine don't match my ankle and come out of the shoe...maybe a should try a smaller size...Still, very good socks...will buy more... - Clothes - Socks - Dress Socks'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Dress Socks - dress socks, socks clothes Dress Socks - dress socks, socks